Welcome

Welcome. This is the story of my journey to build a replica of a Sopwith Pup.
3/26/08 2:30


Hooray, finished my first wing rib! I showed my practice pieces to Timm who gave me some good advice on gluing. On Monday evening I glued up my first full rib. Found myself using about a dozen clamps as well as the jig, to get everything in nice and tight. Was away for a couple of days and came back this evening to pull it out. Had been worrying about having glued the rib to my jig but it came out without too much fuss. The tip of putting greaseproof paper down really worked well. Am pleased with the result... it looks & feels "right". Will have the experts look at it before declaring it usable, though. Now I need to get the production line running... only 45 more to go! I think they will take me a couple of hours each.


No comments: