Welcome

Welcome. This is the story of my journey to build a replica of a Sopwith Pup.
04/14/08 2:00

Missed a couple of weeks there due to flying down to Sun n Fun and back in the Cub... it was a long haul - - 2,800 miles and 32 flying hours! In my absence a new supply of wood has arrived from Aircraft Spruce, so I should be set for quite a while. Also Janet got some new shelving and laid out the hangar and tools in a much better way. 5 wing ribs completed to date, also I have made the pattern for the centre web of the "Type B" rib, of which there are 6. Tonight I prepared another 2 ribs worth of materials, will try and get them glued up later in the week. I received a CD of photos of the Pup in the San Diego Air & Space Museum, kindly sent to me by Peter Barker of Virginia, who kindly responded to my request via The Aerodrome forum (which is my main hang-out for building information). Slide show below - -

No comments: