Welcome

Welcome. This is the story of my journey to build a replica of a Sopwith Pup.
General update...

Talked to Joe Hauk in New Berlin, will go and visit his project some time soon after the EAA Board meetings. Acquired my first original part from eBay, a stopwatch that will go on the instrument panel. Will try and get some photos up soon. It's the "real deal" exactly the correct type for a Sopwith Pup with the Air Ministry stamp on the back. Looks to be in great condition but doesn't run, so maybe I will get it repaired. I have also picked up a Zenith altimeter from eBay, again of the correct type, although I know this one isn't in good condition. Am starting to think what my next task will be (beyond wing ribs). It will take me ages to chew through all the different ribs, and I feel the need for some variety in my work (also, I can only really do one rib per day).

No comments: