Welcome

Welcome. This is the story of my journey to build a replica of a Sopwith Pup.
05/11/08 2:30

Best weekend in ages, feel like I've accomplished a lot in terms of "getting organised". Emailed with John Brecher who is running the student project to build a Sopwith Pup in Dallas. He is putting me in touch with a person in Texas who has already put all the Sopwith fittings into CAD and can get them cut out with water jet. John says the quality is very high. He also recommends Western Aircraft Spruce in BC as supplier for the main structural wood. I must admit I am not thrilled with the quality of what I've been receiving from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty. Some of the wood is excellent, tight grained, but some of it is a bit rough. But my biggest beef is (A) I ordered two lots of capstrip from them both ostensibly 3/8" thick; but there is a significant difference, probably 3/32" between the two orders. (B) I asked for a mixture of 5 ft and 6ft lengths in the second order and they sent all 5ft, which is not very helpful.

Update 5/12/08 : I spoke to Spruce today and they are waiving the shipping on a new order of 6ft lengths... so they are partially redeemed...

No comments: